The 10th PCC Natural Market opened in early June 2013 in Seattle’s Green Lake neighborhood.  It is the largest location to date at 27,000 sf.

Three Resolute SAVOYE pendants greet shoppers at the entry; shades are Ø36” x 12” high covered in Carnegie Fabrics Xorel Dash 6603-9.   The SAVOYEs are lit with 4x 26 W “double” G24q-3 CFL lamps.

Eight  DAVID 14 Pendants suspended on stainless steel aircraft cable line the glass storefront.   DAVID 14 shades measure Ø10” x 14” high and are formed from 1/16” Imago from Knoll Textiles in Allure Orchid.  The DAVID 14s are lit with 26 W “double” G24q-3 CFL lamps.

PCC Natural Markets is a certified organic grocery store & Seattle co-op specializing in natural food, organic produce and natural meat.  It is the largest consumer-owned natural food retail co-operative in the United States with more than 52,000 members; it started as a food-buying club of 15 families in 1953.

The store design team included Seattle-based VELOCIPEDE Architects, Bruce Hale Design Studios, dark / light (architectural lighting) and Woodman Construction of Bellevue, WA.  The store design features a number of environmentally-responsible features to minimize its carbon footprint  while maximizing shopping ambience.